How Can Correctly Maintain Perkins Generator?
High quality maintenance is the key to keeping the long service life of Perkins generator, and its maintenance should be done by the certificated technician. Besides, keeping a written record is helpful to the maintenance of generator in the future days.
Generally speaking, Perkins generator set should be kept clean. It is necessary to avoid the storage of any liquid (fuel and lubrication oil) outside and inside the appearance and upside, downside and around any sound-absorbing materials. We must clean the surface of the machine with industrial water solvent rather than the combustible solvent. If the sound absorbing protector is torn or punctured, we need replace it in time. Methods differ in different conditions for the preventive maintenances of the Perkins generator; the following lists several conditions that we should take care of.
1. Daily maintenance and after-starting maintenance
(1) As for the spare generator set, these steps can be done once a week, and it is necessary to check the machine by eyes every day. For those do not operate for a long time, check every two weeks, start the machine and keep it revolving for five minutes in case of the unexpected error.
(2) Check the generator every 6 months or after it operates for 250 hours.
(3) Check the protecting devices of all the control systems with simulated failure.
(4) Clean up all the gas vent of the battery covers.
(5) Tighten all the connectors of the exhaust pipes.
(6) Tighten all the connectors of electric appliances.
2. Special maintenance of Perkins generator
Run the machine and observe the control panel to see if it works well.
3. Preventive maintenance of the alternating current generator
There is no need to take daily maintenance of it, except that regularly check the AC generator coil and clean it up regularly.
4. Preventive maintenance of the diesel engine
Regularly maintain the diesel engine to maintain its reliable performance.