As a type of diesel internal combustion engine, Cummins generator set has the same basic engine part with other diesel engine, but the special mechanical-electrical integration design of its unique PT fuel system and constantly improving control protection, making the operation and protection maintains the regular maintenance of the internal diesel engine, there are also some other aspects that need attention. The basis operation and maintenance procedures of Cummins generator set are introduced below:
1. A level maintenance (daily starting and shutdown maintenance)
(1) Get rid of the dust, greasy dirt and carbon deposit on every part of the machine.
(2) Check whether the engine oil, diesel oil and cooling water are sufficient, and add it when necessary.
(3) Check whether the screws of every spare part are loose, and check the tensile force of the fan, battery charger and belt of the water pump, and timely deal with when there are problems.
(4) Check the cleanliness of the air filter.
(5) Check whether the terminals of the external lines of the electric appliance are loose.
2. B level maintenance (carried out after the dynamo runs for 200-300 hours and after the A level maintenance content is completed)
(1) Change the filter element of the oil-water separator after the machine works for every 200 hours.
(2) Change the engine oil, oil filter, air filter and water filter every 250-300 hours.
(3) Change the diesel oil filter every 200 hours.
(4) Change the cooling water and add aqueous rust preventive every 200 hours.
3. C level maintenance
C level maintenance should be carried out every 2000-3000 hours by the professional repairers of the electromechanical company, and the specific content refers to C Level Maintenance Procedures.
4. Medium maintenance
Medium maintenance should be carried after the generator set runs for 5000-6000 hours by the professional technicians of the electromechanical company, and the specific content refers to Medium Maintenance Procedures.
Overhaul is advisable to be carried out after the generator set runs for10000-12000 by the professional technicians of the electromechanical company, and the specific content refers to Overhaul Procedures.